Changes in Legislation for DECs
- DECs required for public buildings with Total Useful Floor Area greater than 500m2 from 9th January 2013.
Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) launched for Commercial buildings
- Launched 28th November 2011
- Click on link above for details and how to apply
PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE ENERGY PERFORMANCE OF BUILDINGS REGULATIONS
- About 9 months later than originally scheduled these changes are proposed to come into effect on 6th April 2012.
- Commercial EPCs to be commissioned within 7 days of a building being marketed for sale or rent.
- Commercial EPCs to be attached to written particulars in relation to buildings sold or rented out.
- Trading Standards Officers to have the power to require “persons acting on behalf of”, e.g. estate agents and letting agents, to produce copies of Commercial EPCs.1
Sustainable Design-led Innovation (SDI) & Business Support Programme for SMEs in the East of England
- Support available to aid the innovation process towards more sustainable, low-carbon products and services.
- East of England specific (£20m) and European (€35p.a.) grants available.
Department of Energy & Climate Change (DECC) launch Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Government money to encourage the take-up of low-carbon heating systems
- Tariffs to apply from October 2012.
The “Green Deal” and EPCs
- Energy improvement measures to be funded up front by the Government and recovered from reduced energy bills. Due to commence Autumn 2012.
UK BR Part L2 Compliance: Points of note for Commercial Energy Assessors and building designers
- Changes to the Notional Building used to create the Target Emission Rate
UK BR Part L: What does the future hold?
- Agents liable for EPC compliance?
- 33% tougher energy standards in 2013?
- Renovation required on buildings under 1,000m2
- Zero-carbon non-domestic buildings by 2019.
Has the day of LED lighting arrived? Notes from Ecobuild 2011
9th July 2010 National Calculation Methodology software tools for Part L 2010
1st June 2010 CLG releases Commercial EPC Conventions Issue 1 v2
19th May 2010: DIRECTIVE 2010/31/EU OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL on the energy performance of buildings published.
16th October 2008: CLG publishes Requirements for energy performance certificates (EPCs) when marketing commercial (non-domestic) properties for sale or let